Monday, January 17, 2011

Pullover Achievement

Two months ago I had set myself a goal to do a pullover on a bar.  I was enrolled  in a gymnastic class for two years and attended once a week.  There are different levels.  To move up you need to be able to pass some requirements.  The only thing I was not able to do was a pullover.

My younger brother moved on to the next level two months ago.  Then my mom told me that she would only keep driving me to the class if I made an effort to do a pullover.  I didn't want to quit and I wanted to show my mom that I could reach my goals.  So I took some paper and wrote down my goal:to do a pullover before New Year.  In order to do that, I decided to do pushups, situps, leglifts, rings, and bar.  And I was committed to do that.

So every day, I practiced for thirty minutes.  I was getting stronger than ever, and I felt sure I would reach my goal.  Finally, that day came.  So I did my sets, and, as usually, my mom helped me with a pullover.  All of a sudden, I felt an impulse to try it by myself.  I went to the bar and tried.  I did it!  I tried one more time.  I did it again!  My mom and me looked at each other, laughing and hugging, jumping with excitement.

I was overflowing with happiness.  I felt on top of the world.  I thought it would be nice to set another goal, an even more challenging one, because it feels good when you accomplish a challenging goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment